Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pregnancy Week 37: RKC Snatch Test

Welcome to Full-Term Pregnancy! I am officially 37 weeks pregnant today, which means that if I were to go into labor at any time from now on, nothing would be done to stop it! I mentioned previously that Asher was born at 37.5 weeks. This new little one will likely be making an appearance sooner rather than later as well.

Since I may not be pregnant anymore come Tuesday (my snatch workout day), I decided to do snatches today. The particular workout is the Russian Kettlebell Challenge (RKC) Snatch Test. At certification, each candidate must snatch a KB of designated weight (corresponding to the candidate's bodyweight) 100 times within a five minute time period. Multiple hand switches are allowed, as is putting down the bell. As with my first pregnancy, being able to complete this snatch test near the end of the pregnancy was particularly important to me. I am very blessed to be able to attempt it today:



Activity:
Five minute RKC snatch test (10 kg). I chose to do 20/20/20/20/10/10 R/L. In Feb 2010, I recertified, completing the snatch test with the 12 kg in 3:22. Today, I misspoke at the end of the video saying how much time I had left. I think I got my snatches done within 4 minutes...

Breakfast:
2 sunnyside up Omega 3 eggs w/ 1/2 avocado
2 GF paleo chocolate chip raisin scones (We got our first shipment of Honeyville Almond Flour, so I baked a double batch of the scones...compared to Bob's Red Mill almond flour, Honeyville is more fine, and has an aftertaste of sweet almond extract, very light), fresh from the oven!

Lunch (3:30 p.m.):
Cheat lunch at Red Robin Restaurant. I was having mild contractions at the time and didn't feel up to eating my usual (Bonzai burger). I had the soup/sandwich combo of New England Clam Chowder (cup) and BBQ chicken wrap (without Ranch dressing). I also had a few of Adam's steak fries with ketchup and a few slices of apple that came with Asher's meal. Water. Contractions continued throughout lunch.

Evening snack (not hungry):
10 blueberries

Fluid:
7 cups water

No comments: