Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pregnancy Week 38: Snow and Swings

I got up early this morning to do a KB workout. Today is supposed to be a running day, but I thought it would be raining, as it has been all week so far, and I avoid running with Asher in the stroller when it's raining, since we don't have a rain cover. However, it was taking me a while to get motivated to start (and I hadn't planned anything so far!), and I looked up the weather report to see that rain wasn't forecasted until the afternoon. I went back to sleep, planning to run later in the morning with Asher. Well, I got an email from my dad: "It's snowing here, is it snowing there?" Being in bed and not wanting to get up to check, I went back to sleep. Lo and behold, it indeed was snowing--big fluffy flakes that were sticking to everything, including the roads! It continued to snow for a few hours, but that ended my idea of running, 1.5 weeks away from my due date, pushing a double stroller with a toddler in it! Instead, I did a quick workout during his naptime:

Activity:
KB swings (10kg) 600 + 400 = 1000 swings (completed using a variety of two- and one-handed swing combinations). I took a 2-2.5 min break between the first and second set because I was feeling my R SI and then later on, my L grip was tiring quick.

Breakfast:
2 sunnyside up Omega 3 eggs with 2 handfuls sauteed Organic baby spinach, 1/2 avocado, salsa
1 plum

Lunch:
1 pear
Leftover chicken soup from yesterday (small bowl)
1 GF paleo Chocolate chip raisin scone
2 pieces See's Candies Milk chocolate Cal Brittle

Dinner:
Wild cod with Taco seasoning, steamed broccoli
...and then Adam brought home a lunch-sized bag of Harvest Cheddar Sunchips...which we all three shared...and then he got more Ben & Jerry's ice cream (!!), so I had a few bites of ice cream... arg!

Fluid:
6 cups water

No comments: