Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pregnancy Week 38: Run like the Wind

This morning, Adam, Asher and I went for a run together. Adam was trying out a Garmin GPS running watch, and needed an easy run on his step-down week. Obviously, a 9-month pregnant woman pushing a double stroller with a 25 pound toddler in it would be someone who wouldn't push his easier pace. On the contrary, I really had to step it up to keep up! It was fun, but now my pelvis is very loose and I've been moving around so slowly all day just because my pelvis aches. LOL. I laugh at myself when I think about how slowly I am moving; usually, I just get up and go, but now, I have to move slowly and sometimes help myself up by holding onto furniture! What a change! I am, however, very happy about that, since the increased laxity (and crampy stomach feeling) means D-day is approaching soon! YAY!

Activity:
30 min run with Asher in double stroller, 8-9 min/mile pace. Achy feet the whole way!

Breakfast (no appetite):
Vitamix drink: 1 C coconut milk, 1 banana, 2 oranges, 1 carrot; 4 Tbsp organic ground flaxseed, 2 Tbsp chia seed
1 GF paleo chocolate chip raisin scone

Lunch (really no appetite and not hungry either!):
2 sunnyside up Omega 3 eggs

For most of the day, I've been feeling a little "off". Intermittent crampy feelings and general pelvic laxity and aching... We got out of the house in the early evening and ended up eating out. Feels like things are "on hold" until this baby shows up, including maybe even our diet. We had a cheat meal...

Dinner:
Baja fresh: 2 grilled Mahi Mahi tacos (corn tortilla, cabbage, avocado, salsa, fish)
Several corn chips
1/4 cheese quesidilla

Dessert:
1/8 pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate brownie ice cream

Too many cheat meals in too few days. I'm not being too hard on myself about this, but I do recognize that I need to be more disciplined in the coming days, for my health and that of this baby.

My hospital bag is packed. Asher's overnight bag with grandparents is ready. We've filled the gas tank... My breastpump parts are cleaned and ready just in case... I've updated my Birth Playlist on my iPod for the labor.... ;)

Fluid:
7 cups water

No comments: