Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pregnancy Week 38: Stepdown Snatches

Another Tuesday and I'm still pregnant! I was noticing with my MIL that because Asher came at 37.5 weeks, we act like Baby #2 will come along any day now, even though I am 1.5 weeks away from my due date still. Well, that day is not yet here, so I decided to try out snatches while I could. This morning's workout took me a while to get started since I had been experiencing intermittent mild contractions overnight and even though I was not currently having any contractions, I wasn't sure if I should even be doing any activity "just in case". I picked up the 8 kg (18 pounds) and did a few snatches. At this weight, it was light enough not to be very taxing aerobically or strength-wise, but enough to help me go through the functional movements that are so important to healthy movement and this exercise itself.

Activity:
KB snatches
20/20/10/10 (8 kg) R/L alternating with 15/15/15/15 R/L (10 kg) x 5, for 600 total snatches. This felt great during and afterwards!

Breakfast:
Vitamix drink (1 C coconut milk, 2 handfuls organic baby spinach, 4 Tbsp organic ground flaxseed, 2 Tbsp chia seed, 1/2 C blueberries)

Lunch:
Homemade chicken soup with carrots and dates
Handful Organic dark chocolate chips

First Dinner:
Chicken (from lunch) with stir-fried Chayote squash, celery salt

Second Dinner (10:30 p.m., I got hungry!):
Leftover stirfried chicken with Chayote squash in celery salt

Fluid:
6 cups water

No comments: