Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pregnancy Week 27: Sugar High

I've never been a soda person. Some people love the sweetness, the fizz....but I always got so full and bloated from drinking soda that it was never something I really enjoyed. I remember how I would think how I could have "spent" my calories on more "worthwhile" foods instead of drink. Now my husband? He used to love soda. I applaud him for giving it up now that we are eating Paleo. My MIL is as attached to her diet soda as my son is to his 1 cup measuring cup (yes, his security item is a 1 C measure. It functions as a spoon, a cup, a drum stick, and can be used on land and in water!); you won't see one without the other...

Today, I had my glucose screening test at my 27/28 week prenatal appointment. I got the lemon-lime flavor. Within a few minutes of drinking it, I felt lightheaded. I continued to feel lightheaded for several hours afterwards. In my first pregnancy (I got the orange flavor with that one!), the drink didn't phase me at all...but I hadn't cut out pasta, breads, or dairy either. Needless to say, my plans to exercise after the appointment were scrapped; I ended up sitting on the couch, drinking water and eating cashews followed by tuna fish, trying to get rid of the lightheaded sensation. Later, I had some freshly squeezed carrot-apple juice (which helped), and then some eggs. In terms of exercise, today ended up being a wash. Between drinking The Drink, and having multiple vials of blood drawn, I just didn't feel up to doing much. You'll see how my diet today is all wacked out too since I was trying to find something to eat/drink that would help me feel better...

Activity: Rest day

Breakfast:
2 sunnyside up Omega 3 eggs w/ 1/4 avocado
several slices of cantelope

mid-morning: Glucola drink for Pregnancy Glucose Screening Test

Lunch:
1 cup freshly squeezed carrot and apple juice w/ ginger
2 egg omelet w/ zucchini and mushrooms
1 handful roasted cashews
1/2 can tuna fish

Dinner:
1 C sauteed vegetables (broccoli, tomatoes, zucchini, w/mushrooms)
4 slices ribeye steak
1/2 Red Snapper filet w/ salt and pepper
cantelope
1 small Fuyu persimmon

Fluid:
8 cups water

No comments: