Monday, December 6, 2010

Pregnancy Week 28: Hilly Run, Solo

For my first run in the third trimester, I put on my SI belt for pelvic support and was able to set off on my own! For the first 15 steps or so, I could feel that my symphysis was not yet back to "normal." However, after a few more careful steps, everything felt great. I picked up the pace a little bit after that, constantly monitoring how my pelvis was doing. Didn't feel any discomfort. It was a great run!

Activity:
3 mile run on 0.5 mile hill loop. One 3 min potty stop. Approx 28 min.

Breakfast:
pre-run: 1 GF, paleo friendly cranberry walnut chocolate chip cookie
post-run: 2 scrambled omega-3 eggs w/ 1 cup fresh carrot juice

Lunch:
Spinach salad w/ 1/2 cucumber, 1 tomato, 1/2 can light tuna, 1/2 avocado, balsamic vinegar & olive oil
Handful raw almonds

Dinner:
4 slices NY steak w/ sea salt & pepper
1 Red snapper filet, sea salt & pepper
1.5 cups cooked red cabbage & cauliflower
0.5 cups cooked green bell pepper and tomatoes
1/4 bartlett pear
2 pieces See's candies Dark Cal brittle (my favorite!!)
Handful fruit-juice sweetened dried cranberries

Fluid:
8 cups water

No comments: