Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pregnancy Week 27: Wonky Run

Activity: 20 min run with Asher in stroller
The run started out great, but about 15 minutes into it, my pubic symphysis (the joint where the two halves of the pelvis meet in the front) felt all wonky. I stopped twice to do some self-mobilizations, which helped some, but not for long. Since this is the first time in this pregnancy that I have had any discomfort during running, I wasn't prepared and thus didn't have my pelvic support belt....so, our run became a walk! When we got home, I put on my sacroiliac belt (this supports the joints between the base of the spine aka sacrum, and the two halves of the pelvis), which is simply a maternity abdominal support belt that I wear low, around my pelvis. I wore this for the rest of the day and felt more supported.

Breakfast:
2 sunnyside up Omega 3 eggs
Small bowl of leftover Vitamix drink from yesterday
1 slice gluten free paleo Cranberry walnut chocolate chip bread
1 gluten free paleo cranberry walnut chocolate chip cookie

Lunch:
Very large (overestimated the amount!) spinach salad w/ 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 tomato, 1/4 avocado, 1/2 can tuna, balsamic vinegar & olive oil
1 Fuyu persimmon
8 ounces Monavie w/ glucosamine

Dinner:
Roasted brussels sprouts (quartered w/ olive oil, dried dill, dried parsley, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder; 375 degrees/30 min, then 400 deg/20 min)
Leftover sauteed cabbage w/ 4 slices red pepper & spinach sausage
4 squares of Ghirardelli Intense Dark chocolate 72% and 86%

No comments: