Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pregnancy Week 31: Hilly Loop Run

I bundled up in multiple layers and set out for my run this morning. Originally, I had woken up early to do a KB workout, but Asher woke up at 6:30 and proceeded to have two breakfasts and a poopy diaper before we got out the door.

Activity:
3.0 mile run on 0.5 mile hill loop

Breakfast:
1 GF paleo Cranberry Walnut Chocolate chip cookie
Large bowl of Vitamix drink (1 C coconut milk, 4 stalks kale, 1 carrot, 1 honeycrisp apple, 1 kiwi, 6 Tbsp organic golden flaxseed meal)

A few hours after my run, my pelvis felt pretty loose and my pubic symphysis was fairly uncomfortable. I did a self-mobilization and put my SIJ belt on snug. I had to move around pretty deliberately the rest of the afternoon with the belt on, but was able to go to dinner without the belt, feeling no discomfort. So far, the trend seems to be that the day after I have bodywork done, in my case, myofascial release, if I run, my pelvis will feel "loose." If I kettlebell, however, I will have no problem (have not tested this theory with lunges or full squats).

Lunch:
Large spinach salad with 1 roma tomato, 1/2 avocado, leftover chicken, balsamic vinegar & olive oil
2 pieces "Aplets and Cotlets"

Dinner:
Impromptu dinner at a Chinese buffet
Various vegetable/meat dishes with the least amount of obvious gluten (ie. broccoli & beef, Chinese broccoli, seafood medley with vegetables, sauteed string beans)
Sampled various desserts (now, the desserts had not only added sugar, but obvious gluten....this was my cheat dessert!)

Fluid:
6 cups water

No comments: