Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pregnancy Week 25: KB strengthening

Activity:

KB clean-press (14 kg) x 6
KB bent over rows (12 kg) x 10
Single leg deadlift (14 kg) x 10
Goblet squat (12 kg) x 10
Renegade rows (12 kg) x 5

Repeat for 10 cycles

I couldn't decide this morning what I wanted to focus on....and by the time I had come up with the above movements, I couldn't decide which I wanted to cut out. By cycle 7, I recognized that including bent over rows and renegade rows gave me a lot of repetitions with upper body pull movements! And using the 14 kg for some of the movements makes the workout more difficult than using the 12 kg (duh, I know). The interesting part of all this is how wiped out I was for the entire day; I was so tired, I didn't trust myself to drive since I didn't think I could stay awake! I got in a 1.5 hour nap during Asher's naptime, but was still dragging into the afternoon. I napped for another hour on the floor in Asher's room while he was playing in his crib, and that helped a lot (he stayed awake that entire time in his crib, but promptly fell asleep in the car after my nap). I did a lot of baking this morning....followed by more eating than I should have, and since stomach real estate is in short supply with the baby-growing these days, I didn't feel my best. Almond flour is very filling....and thus, my meals for today are quite disorganized and unbalanced...

Breakfast:
2 sunnyside up Omega 3 eggs w/ 1/2 avocado
5 gluten-free cranberry pecan chocolate chip cookies (http://www.elanaspantry.com/cranberry-walnut-chocolate-chip-cookies/)

Lunch:
leftovers, 2 organic ground beef mini patties, steamed broccoli
1 Fuyu persimmon
3/4 kiwi

Snack:
2 cranberry pecan chocolate chip cookies

Dinner:
Spinach salad (2 handfuls organic baby spinach, 1 tomato, 1/4 avocado, balsamic vinegar & olive oil)
3 slices ribeye steak
1 honeycrisp apple
4 ounces Monavie w/ glucosamine
1/2 slice Cranberry Pecan bread (gluten free) (http://www.elanaspantry.com/cranberry-walnut-bread/)
1 cranberry pecan choc. chip cookie

Fluid:
6-7 cups water

No comments: