Friday, November 26, 2010

Pregnancy Week 26: "A Change is as Good as Rest"

I was dragging this morning and trying not to bail on my workout. I thought I'd go running, but didn't want to drag Asher through another rainy day stroller run (we don't have a rain cover for his stroller) in these cold temperatures. I thought about calling it a Rest Day....but then got inspired to do something little. A friend once said, "Do something every day toward your goal." And Pavel says, "A change is as good as rest." So, thanks to Tracy Reifkind (tracysfoodandthought.blogspot.com) , I started with a quick workout that gave me motivation to do a little more:

Activity:
(from Tracy's Shoulder Smoker TG workout)
Light KB presses (8 kg), no rest:
12 L/R
10 L/R
8 L/R
6 L/R
4 L/R
2 L/R

I decided to adapt the concept for the lower body:
Goblet squats (12 kg) alternating with Mountain climbers, no rest:
12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2

Breakfast:
2 sunnyside up Omega-3 eggs w/ 1/2 avocado
1 Fuyu persimmon

Snack:
4 Lindor Mint Chocolate balls (yum!)

Lunch:
Large spinach salad w/ tomatoes, cucumber, leftover turkey and a few grapes; balsamic vinegar & olive oil

Dinner:
Leftover roasted brussels sprouts and purple cabbage
A few slices of leftover turkey
2 Dove dark chocolate squares
1 gluten free paleo Cranberry walnut chocolate chip cookie (fresh from the oven!), courtesy of elanaspantry.com

Fluid:
6 cups water

No comments: