Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pregnancy Week 32: Hilly Run

I was planning on doing a KB workout today in light of the bodywork I had done yesterday and how I tend to feel laxity in my pelvis if I run on the day after. However, the pregnancy "can't-sleep-even-though-I-am tired" syndrome has been in full effect, and I was awake from 3 to 5 a.m. (alarm set for 6 a.m.). I ended up going back to sleep, waking up to turn off the alarm, and then sleeping until Adam had to get up for work. The challenge with that arrangement was that I woke up not only with a headache, but also very very tired! Strange to me how I can be sleepy at bedtime, but unable to fall asleep, sleepy in the middle of the night but unable to fall back to sleep, and then wake up sleepy in the morning! Now that I've written that out, the end result doesn't seem so strange after all (lack of sleep = being/feeling sleepy!). Ha. This was the long-winded explanation of why I ended up running (despite the potential delayed-onset of pelvic discomfort) this morning instead of KB training (I find running to be "easier" and less mentally taxing than KB training a lot of the time, esp during pregnancy when I don't push myself too much when running. When I have a headache, I can tolerate running much more than the total-body tension that I perform with KB training).

Activity:
2.0 mile run on 0.5 mile hilly loop (with SIJ belt)

Amazingly, my pelvis felt alright for the entire day. Yay!

Breakfast:
(pre-run) 1 GF paleo Chocolate scone

Lunch: (I was hungry but didn't have an appetite for the Vitamix drink I had prepared for breakfast, so I ended up waiting until lunchtime to eat again)
Large Spinach/mixed greens salad with tomato, cucumber, olives, green pepper; balsamic vinegar & olive oil
4 pieces "Aplets & Cotlets"

Dinner: My aunt from Canada came to visit my parents, so we went out for dinner to welcome her. I did my best to eat paleo, but as you know, it's always challenging when you dine out and don't know exactly what ingredients (seasonings/sauces) go into each dish, AND even if you do know, the chef might decide to substitute an ingredient without warning!

Stir-fried string beans with "almonds" (looked more like peanuts to me)
Scallops with stir-fried vegetables (carrots, broccoli, bamboo, water chestnuts)
Curry Beef with bell peppers

Also, my aunt brought 70% dark chocolate squares with mint....and I ended up having about 8 of them! Those who know me well will automatically understand why I had so many: 1. I love dark chocolate; 2. I love anything combining chocolate with mint; 3. My favorite shape is Square; 4. My parents don't have any chocolate in the house, which is why I had to resort to eating the Aplets & Cotlets after lunch to satisfy my sweet tooth!

Fluid:
7 cups water

No comments: