Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pregnancy Week 32: Rest Day

I took today as a rest day. The headaches that were frequent during the second trimester had been fairly rare during this last trimester, but for the last 2 days, I've had a headache that would start in the early afternoon and last all evening. Tylenol helped for a period, drinking more water didn't seem to change things noticably either. This morning, I woke up with a headache, despite taking Tylenol before bed and around 3:30 a.m. (when I couldn't go back to sleep). Today was a great day to take a break....but only after I had done a little activity! ;)

"Grease the groove" activity:
Pull-ups 4 x 4 wide grip and narrow grip

I had another Myofascial Release session today, and felt good (ie. no headaches or other physical distress) for the rest of the day. This type of bodywork has been helping my SIJ issues (and my posture)...I no longer wear my SIJ belt to sleep as I did during my first pregnancy (I think I wore that SIJ belt 24-7 (except not when bathing) starting week 20 of my first pregnancy!), in fact, I only wear the belt when I run, and that is preventative as I expect moderate ligamentous laxity this far along in the pregnancy.

Breakfast:
Medium bowl of Vitamix drink (1 C coconut milk, 2 handfuls organic baby spinach, 1 stalk kale, 2 oranges, 1 kiwi, 1 honeycrisp apple, 6 Tbsp organic golden ground flaxseed, 1 frozen banana)
1 GF, paleo Chocolate scone

Lunch:
Large spinach salad with cucumber, red pepper, red cabbage, cherry tomatoes, celery, balsamic vinegar & olive oil
Handful of nuts including raw walnuts, raw pecans, and roasted cashews

Dinner:
Slow cooker beef flank steak w/ carrots, celery, ginger, garlic, cilantro, chicken broth
Sauteed string beans with garlic
2 pieces "Aplets and Cotlets"

Fluid:
7 cups water

No comments: