Monday, January 31, 2011

Pregnancy Week 36: Brisk Run

The movement of running still feels good even as the baby is settling down in my pelvis (that feeling isn't so great). My mom went into labor with each of my brothers and me two weeks early, and I went into labor with Asher at 37.5 weeks. If this "early" trend holds true, it's possible that we could have a baby in 2 weeks! What that means for me today is that every workout brings me closer to my goal: labor and delivery and meeting our new little one! More urgently, however, I realize that life will really change with two little ones and my time will be even less my own. Therefore, I really cherish each of these opportunities to do something beneficial for myself-exercise-knowing that in the early post-partum period (and beyond), I will have different priorities that will require me to modify my exercise intensity/duration. Today, I had a run scheduled. It might have been the best run I've had in weeks!

Activity:
35 min brisk run with Asher in double stroller, mostly level terrain.

As for our meals today, don't laugh too much at the randomness! We didn't get a chance to go grocery shopping this weekend, so I had to be a little creative with what we had available...

Breakfast:
Leftover paleo Salmon cakes (2) (recipe from The Primal Blueprint cookbook) with mustard (there is no added sugar in mustard!), tomatoes, avocado
1 banana with almond butter

Lunch (despite the randomness, I got my vegetable, fruit, protein and fat):
1 Fuji apple
1/2 yellow bell pepper
3-4 slices Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach sausage
1/4 C roasted mixed nuts

Snack:
Handful Organic Thompsons Raisins

Dinner:
"Slow cooker" paleo pot roast with coconut milk, garlic, carrots, celery
Roasted Brussels Sprouts w/ garlic, dill, olive oil
Cheat dessert: 5 medium spoonfuls of Adam's Ben & Jerry's ice cream

Fluid:
7 cups water

No comments: