Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pregnancy Week 34: Solo Run

I used to love running in the rain. Well, running in any weather condition was fun, but running in the rain was particularly wonderful. Then I got Priya and running in the rain wasn't as fun. Priya had a habit of running in front of me. This allowed her to kick back dirty rain water on my legs; fun for her, not so fun for me. And then, I got to "remember" our run throughout the day as the house would smell like wet dog... Now Odin likes to run out to the side with occasional lunges in towards my legs to wipe his wet, muddy underbelly off on my running tights. Sometimes we'll make it through an entire run only to have him rub on my legs at the very end and completely soak my tights with muddy doggy-smelling water. Thanks, guys. When we bring Asher into the picture, it's really just the fact that the poor kid gets wet while buckled into a stroller. We don't have the rain cover, nor do I feel like spending the money to purchase one anytime soon (though, living in the Pacific Northwest, I would be smart to do so, wouldn't I?!). I usually dress him in a water-repellent jacket and pants, cover him with his quilt, and keep the sun/wind canopy down as far as it will go. Once the poor kid's face was all wet by the end of our run... Needless to say, I try to avoid running in the rain when I don't have anyone to watch him. So, I was glad to have my parents' help with Asher while I ran...in the rain! It was great!

Activity:
2.0 mile run on 0.5 mile hilly loop (2 laps clockwise, 2 laps counterclockwise)

Breakfast:
(pre-run) 1 GF paleo Chocolate chip raisin scone
3/4 banana

Lunch:
cheat lunch with parents at McGrath's (my first time!)
Halibut fish and chips w/ ketchup
Garden salad, no dressing
Asher's bowl of New England style clam chowder
2 coconut prawns
2 chunks of carrots from Asher's seasoned vegetable side selection
2 pieces of See's candies (I love samples!)

Evening snack: (I wasn't hungry 7 hours later at dinnertime)
1 Ruby grapefruit
1 banana w/ almond butter

Fluid:
7 cups water

No comments: